Movie meme – Ten Movie Facts About Me…
Darren over at the m0vie blog tagged me for the latest blogging meme, so here are ten movie based pieces of trivia about me. Damn him for knowing I’m a sucker for this kind of thing!
- The earliest movie that I can remember seeing in the cinema is Santa Claus: The Movie. Dudley Moore holds a special place in my heart as a result.
- The first movie to scare me silly was The Neverending Story…and yes I know that’s sad. Maybe it was the flying dog or maybe the idea of a never ending story harmed me as an avid reader.
- I’m a not so closet Nicholas Cage fan. I will go see him in anything, that includes The Wickerman, Bangkok Dangerous and Knowing for my sins.
- I share my birthday with my favourite director Steven Spielberg, which is just awesome. Also with Brad Pitt…I can take or leave that one.
- While on the subject, 4 of my top 10 movies of all-time are Steven Spielberg movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jaws, Jurassic Park and E.T.
- I rank Quiz Show, Good Night and Good Luck and Slither as some of the best made, relatively unwatched movies of my lifetime. I encourage people to watch these always.
- I’m not an especially large fan of horror. I will watch them, but I rather the psychological type than a splatterfest. Unless Sam Raimi is behind the camera, then it’s a different story.
- I have written 5 screenplays, a sci-fi novel and a play. They are all terrible and will never see the light of day. Despite my lack of interest in horror it is the subject I’m most likely to ever write about that I would feel comfortable publishing.
- I make it my mission to see as many of the years big releases as possible, whether or not they are any good. I have to judge a movie for myself, although I am sometimes swayed from my initial opinion by others. I still love The Rock damnit!
- Lastly while I have seen Raiders of the Lost Ark over 50 times I have only seen Kingdom of the Crystal Skull twice. That’s two times too many.
Apparently I’m supposed to tag 5 others. I don’t know 5 others so I’ll just tag another Darren over at Culch.ie.