The Irish Film and Television Academy have announced the nominees for the Rising Star Award for next months IFTA awards.
The prize is selected by a special jury and sponsored by Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board. The aim of the award is “to highlight exceptional new and breakthrough talent working in all areas of the Irish film industry”.
The six nominees are:
- Margaret Corkery – Eamon (Writer/Director)
- Darren Healy – Savage, Eamon (Actor)
- Tomm Moore – The Secret of Kells (Director/Co-Producer)
- Brendan Muldowney – Savage (Writer/Director)
- Robert Sheehan – Cherrybomb, Misfits (Actor)
- Ken Wardrop – His & Hers (Director)
Not to play favourites but I do think that Tomm Moore should win for the extraordinary The Secret of Kells.
The ceremony will take place on Saturday 20th February at the Burlington Hotel, Dublin.