Screen Training Ireland is association with the Galway Film Centre will deliver a free one day course on Chain of Title for Filmmakers in Galway on Monday, November 28th.
Mark Byrne, Head of Business Affairs at Element Pictures will examine topics such as Chain of Title, Options and Clearances in film & TV production. Areas covered will include:
- Financiers’ requirements in relation to chain of title
- Understanding copyright
- Understanding the difference between assignments and licences
- Option, writer and screenplay agreements
- Title Reports / Copyright Reports
- Errors and Omissions Insurance
- What makes a legally binding contract; understanding why a one-line letter or email is not sufficient for clearance purposes
- Types of clearances
- Negative Check – keeping a clearance record and how that process works.
The afternoon session will look at Telegael’s TV Drama, Jack Taylor, which is filmed in Galway. Christine O’ Connor, Producer, and Michelle Feely, Head of Business and Legal Affairs, will present the case study.
Deadline for applications is Monday 21st November 2016. Please apply online to www.screentrainingireland.ie If you have any queries please email Mary Deely at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com