Jobs: Applications for DIFF General Manager close Friday
Established in 2003, The Dublin International Film FestivalFounded in 2003, the Dublin International Film Festival sets the agenda of the year with its programme of outstanding Irish and international film. More (DIFF) is the premiere film festival in Ireland and takes place in Ireland’s capital city over the course of eleven days each February. It has built a formidable international reputation for delivering the very best in world film and film talent to enthusiastic Dublin audiences each year.
The Dublin International Film Festival is also a key cultural organisation firmly focused on developing audiences for its ambitious programme, both nationally and internationally. It is committed to expanding its signature event into a year round activities and developing its formidable base of partners and supporters. The board of Directors is seeking a dynamic individual with flair and vision to lead the organisation in this new exciting phase.
Purpose of Job:
– To have responsibility for the management/direction of the company assets and staff.
– To implement and secure a robust financial management system, and to establish a firm financial base for the company.
– To source, develop and nurture excellent title sponsor and key funding partner relationships and communications.
– To lead an effective marketing and publicity strategy for the festival.
– To work closely, and jointly, with the Programme Director to deliver a world-class festival experience
– To sustain positive working relationships with all supporters and suppliers.
– To develop and maintain a clear line of communication, and close functioning relationship, with the board of directors.
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Key relationships: Festival Director, Festival Core Staff, Festival Staff, Title and Category Sponsors, Public Sector Funding partners, Private sector sponsors and partners, Venues, Suppliers, Potential Partners, Public, Volunteers, Supporters
Key Depts: All departments, apart from the artistic programme which is run by the Festival Director.
Key tasks & Responsibilities
Staff Recruitment and Management
– To recruit, manage and develop core staff and festival team of the highest caliber
– To encourage personal and professional development of all staff, in line with the festival’s objectives
– To ensure that all staff are appropriately contracted, qualified/trained, and operate professionally and respectfully as representatives of the festival, at all times
– To ensure that that best practice is followed in all departments
– To clearly articulate the responsibilities and line of authority for all staff
Financial Control, Management & Strategy
– To implement a robust financial management and control system, and to create a secure and stable financial environment for the company.
– To identify and develop potential revenue sources of growth and development
– To draft, implement and oversee a rigorous budget for the festival year on year
– To oversee strict adherence to budgetary policy and responsibility accounting throughout the organisation.
– To devise an overall financial strategy and reserve policy to secure the long-term viability of the festival
– To look for new, imaginative and alternative forms of funding and partnership
Liaison with Key Sponsors
– To source, maintain, and develop category, major, and title sponsorship.
– To nurture positive and open relationships with all sponsors at the highest level, and to ensure the respective objectives of the festival and sponsor are addressed during the festival and throughout the year.
Public & Private Sector Partners/Sponsors
– To encourage and secure public and private sector funding, in-kind partnerships and supporters for the festival
– To establish and maintain excellent communications and relationships with all funding/in-kind partners
– To be the key point of contact with the title sponsor and main funding bodies.
Marketing & Publicity Strategy
– To lead an effective marketing and publicity strategy for the festival, and to implement and manage these strategies with the core staff, festival team and contracted suppliers.
– To promote the festival as a key national event and to further enhance the festival’s international reputation.
Festival Management & Delivery
– To ensure the logistical and operational delivery of all festival screenings and events within the yearly budget.
– To deliver a quality festival to all stakeholders with professionally produced events and screenings.
Company Contract & Legal Requirements
– To ensure the company is in strict compliance in all areas – with staff, insurance, health and safety, partnerships, venues, city authorities, funders, suppliers, and the public.
– To work with other like-minded organisations, in developing the context and environment of festival promotion and growth domestically and internationally.
Terms & Conditions
Annual Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
Send an up-to-date CV and covering letter to:
Mr. Gaby Smyth
Dublin International Film Festival
13 Lower Ormond Quay (Cover letter & CV contained in one document only)
or Via Email (Cover letter & CV contained in one document only)
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 21st August 2015